Career and Job Opportunities after M.Sc. (IT) in Data Science
In today’s data-driven era, data science has become integral to many organizations. With the enormous amounts of data being processed every day, organizations need data scientists to interpret it to make smart decisions. Data science is rapidly changing with the advent of new tools and technologies, hence turning into a sea of Job opportunities.
Data science is a booming field in India. In a recent report published by Team Lease, there are 45,000 AI jobs in India, with data scientists and machine learning engineers occupying the top spots. Data science is an excellent path for qualified professionals seeking a rewarding career in the IT domain.
Master’s degree in IT (Data Science) equips you with the right skillset required to become an expert data scientist. It gives you the competitive edge required to advance your career in one of the highest-paid professions in the IT industry.
Job Profiles in Data Science after M.Sc (IT)
Data Scientists collect and analyze large amounts of data by employing machine learning techniques. They have a solid grasp of programming languages, mathematics, and statistics. They uncover trends and patterns in large datasets which aids in developing effective business strategies and solving business-related problems.
Data Analysts identify, extract, clean, and prepare data for analysis. They create visual representations and interactive data dashboards to derive meaningful interpretations to help businesses make informed decisions. Data analysts are experts in data visualization and data mining. They possess highly analytical and problem-solving acumen
Data Architect visualizes, design, and build data architecture frameworks. They improve existing data infrastructure using data modeling tools and troubleshoot data infrastructure applications. They are skilled professionals in data modeling, data integration, and database management.
Data Engineers are experts in data storage, their duties include managing databases, big data systems, and data warehouses. They work alongside Data scientists and assist in data storage and its movement through data pipelines.
ML engineers build, test, and deploy AI models for various applications. After deployment, they continuously test these models to improve accuracy and performance. The core responsibility of ML engineers is to optimize machine learning systems for robust performance.
Business analysts identify the future needs of an organization and create solutions to fulfill those needs. They have a deep understanding of the organization’s operations and they help in developing functions, and services to meet the organization’s goals.
Business Analytics Professional
A Business Analytics Professional uses statistics, data, reporting, and recording data to improve business functions. They use business Analytics technologies like Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, and Prescriptive Analytics to refine business data, and recommend solutions for businesses to drive profits.
Business Intelligence Specialist
Business intelligence analysts use data analytics and visualization techniques to transform data into valuable insights, They help businesses to make smart decisions and improve existing processes. The business intelligence analyst role is highly analytical and requires communication and problem-solving skills.
Statisticians use statistical and mathematical models for collecting information and data analysis. They use mathematical equations to analyze data and provide insights. As a Statistician you can find ample job opportunities in the healthcare sector, government or financial institutions, and in companies as well.
Become a Data Science Professional with a Master’s degree in Data Science at SKIPS University!
Key Skills and Tools Knowledge Required by Data Science Experts
Becoming a successful Data Science Professional demands a diverse skill set and working knowledge of the below tools;
- Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning
- Data Modeling
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Creating and Maintaining Dashboards
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- SQL and Database Management
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Processes
- Data Governance
- Story Telling
- Database Query Language – SQL helps in writing scripts or commands for data extraction and storage and other data operations on databases to gain insights.
- Programming Language – Python to use libraries like pandas for data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Tool – PowerBI, and Tableau are data visualization tools that represent data in easy-to-understand format.
- Interactive Computing Environment – Jupyter is used for data science tasks such as data cleaning and transformation, statistical modeling, data visualization, etc.
Why M.Sc. (IT) in Data Science?
If you have a passion for data analytics and a knack for finding insights in data, pursuing a Master’s degree in data science is the right choice for you. You will gain advanced analytical skills for interpreting large datasets and derive insights from them using ML tools. A Master’s degree in data science can make you one of the most sought-after and highly paid professionals in the IT sector. Data Science jobs are on the rise in India and it is the right time to pursue an M.Sc. (IT) in Data Science.
M.Sc (IT) Data Science builds the below acumen:
- Data Analysis: Data analysis skills to develop efficient data strategies and ability to decode complex patterns in large datasets, and perform data analysis to create insights and improve decision-making.
- Mathematics & Statistical Analysis: To create mathematical models for quick calculations and predictions. Statistical analysis helps in extracting useful information for business intelligence.
- Market Analysis: Ability to analyze products and services to collect information and profit the organization.
- Programming skills and Database: Programming skills and database knowledge for complex data operations on large chunks of data.
- Communication & collaborating skills: To coordinate and collaborate within the team and other business departments effectively.
Join SKIPS University’s M.Sc. (IT) in Data Science
M.Sc. (IT) in Data Science curriculum is well-researched by industry experts to help you master core concepts of IT and gain knowledge of advanced ML topics. It promotes hands-on learning by combining 900+ hours of deep knowledge with 600+ hours of practical learning. 1000+ hours of industry experience with relevant industry certifications prepare you to tackle the real-world applications of ML and AI in Data Science.
Take advantage of the opportunity provided by the SKIPS University in Ahmedabad to shape the future of Data Science
Apply now for a rewarding career as a Data Science Professional!